If you have decided to end your marriage, the first thing that you have to do is hire a divorce lawyer. However, before doing this, are you sure about which type of divorce to choose? When it comes to divorce, they are of two types. They are contested and uncontested divorces. Whether the divorce process will be cheap or simple depends on the decision you make.
If you don’t have any idea about the uncontested and contested divorce, you could contact a divorce attorney in Virginia. A divorce attorney will guide you on which is the right option for you, looking at your details. Whether you are looking for uncontested or contested divorce attorneys, you could choose the Law Offices of John W. Lee, P.C. Hire their divorce attorney and he or she will take care of everything.
A contested divorce occurs when one of the spouses opposes one or more of the issues that must be decided during the divorce process. When it comes to an uncontested divorce, it occurs when both the spouses come to an understanding.
What Are the Reasons for a Contested Divorce?
- If parents do not agree with each other on co-parenting arrangements, they choose a contested divorce. In this case, it is the court that makes the decision keeping the child’s best interests in view. In simple words, this process takes children’s physical and emotional needs into consideration.
- Most divorces involve partners, who were physically and psychologically violent. No doubt, it is definitely difficult to get separated from an abusive spouse. Individuals with abusive spouses choose contested divorce mostly to get divorced. Hiring a contested attorney can help make your divorce process simple.
- Unrealistic expectations are also one of the causes for a contested divorce.
An uncontested divorce is considerably easier when compared to a contested divorce since partners can end their marriage without any court hearings, negotiations, and legal posturing. Uncontested would be more beneficial to couples with children.
What Are the Benefits of an Uncontested Divorce?
- Uncontested divorce helps couples to end their marriage peacefully with peace and respect.
- Couples who are more concerned about their dignity choose uncontested divorce. This type of divorce helps in settling all conflicts, which means it is a quicker process.
- Uncontested divorce won’t put you under heavy stress. In fact, the whole process will be less stressful.
Take the suggestions from a reputed divorce lawyer today to find out, which type of divorce suits your situation better!