Product Liability Lawyer
Product liability claims are very difficult to prove. That’s why it is crucial to contact an experienced product liability lawyer.
There are many things in a product that one may be able to file a lawsuit against, such as the design of the product, warning labels or lack thereof, the manufacturing process, and more.
An experienced product liability lawyer will likely pursue all causes that lead to your injuries with a forensic recall analysis and will seek out the top product liability lawyers on your behalf.
What is Product Liability?
Product liability law is the area of law relating to the liability of manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, and retailers for selling defective products. These products can be anything from food to automobiles.
The goal of product liability law is to hold negligent parties accountable for injuries caused by their defective products.
Product liability claims are usually made against one or more of the following parties:
- The manufacturer of the product
- The distributor or wholesaler who sold it to the retailer or other distributor
- The retailer who sold it to the consumer
What Types of Damages are Available Under Product Liability Law?
Several types of damages may be available in a product liability claim depending on the circumstances of your case:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages and/or income
- Pain and suffering
- Permanent disfigurement
What’s Involved in Filing a Claim with a Product Liability Lawyer?
When you have a claim against a product, you may want to hire a product liability attorney. Several things go into filing a claim with a product liability lawyer.
- First, you will need to file your claim with the state or federal government if it involves a defective or dangerous product. You may also want to seek legal assistance if you believe that the company selling the product did not do so under federal law and regulations.
- Second, you should consult with an attorney specializing in this type of litigation. Your attorney will likely begin by gathering as much information about your case as possible.
- Third, your attorney will send out letters on your behalf demanding compensation from those responsible for the injury caused by their product failure.
These letters are known as demand letters, and they serve two purposes: one is to give notice of your intent to sue; another is to help establish how much compensation should be paid based on what happened during the accident.
Are you dealing with a product liability problem?
Before it’s too late, call a product liability lawyer today. You’ve already seen the evidence, but hiring a product liability attorney is not a decision you should take lightly.
Seek out every resource to find the best lawyer for your case and do as much research as possible. Get the compensation you deserve today!